$40 Billion+ in Bitcoin has been lost forever due to lack of estate planning
Failing to plan for what happens to your cryptocurrency investments in the event of your passing will result in your assets passing into the ether, never to be retrieved by your loved ones.
A beneficiary access plan clearly explains the steps your beneficiaries need to take to access their cryptocurrency inheritance.
Without one, your assets will remain inaccessible, forever.
It’s complex, but we can help !
We help you to create your Cryptocurrency inheritance plan
We've done the hard work to unscramble the complexities of cryptocurrency estate planning. Use our step-by-step guide to secure your estate for your loved ones.
We'll never ask for your credentials
Your private key credentials are yours alone. We will never ask for your key credentials or store any personally identifiable data that could compromise your holdings.
Tailored solutions to suit your needs
Need to create a simple plan with the key steps and information that your beneficiaries will need to access their inheritance? We've got it covered.
How it works
1. Get started by answering a few questions
Answer a simple and anonymous questionnaire to help us understand what information your beneficiaries will require to access their inheritance.
2. Unlock your personalised beneficiary access plan template
Using the information you provide, we'll create an access plan template for you to complete, entirely personalised to your situation.
3. Allocate time & finalise your plan
Follow your personalised guide to create your access plan and secure your inheritance for your beneficiaries.
What we offer
- A personalised beneficiary access plan template for you to complete.
- Tips on the best means of securing your assets if there are weaknesses in your current approach.
- Comprehensible and easy to follow instructions to include in your access plan, that your beneficiaries will be able to follow to access their inheritance.
- Recommended legal provision to insert in your will, to ensure your holdings and all required access credentials and devices will be accessible to beneficiaries to retrieve their inheritance.
What we don't do
- We will never ask you to share your private key credentials with us.
- We currently don't offer or recommend an automated inheritance solution to automatically pass your assets to your loved ones upon your passing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need an access plan?
Cryptocurrency is an extremely complex subject for individuals who are not familiar with it. Without a beneficiary access plan that can easily guide your beneficiaries through the process of how to retrieve their inheritance, your assets will likely disappear into the ether.
What personally identifiable information do you hold about me?
Can Willsentry ever access my cryptocurrency holdings?
No, absolutely not. We do not ask you to share your access credentials or private key details with us.
Why should I use your service instead of going to a lawyer/attorney?
Given its relative recency, the vast majority of attorneys and lawyers are not familiar with the nuances and security risks associated with cryptocurrency, and unfortunately are not best placed to advise you on the best practices of ensuring your assets can be securely passed to your beneficiaries. We suggest working with your lawyer once your plan has been created.
Will my cryptocurrency be automatically transferred to my beneficiaries?
We currently don’t offer (or recommend) an automated inheritance solution.